Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Mario Frassetto and Jasen

(I moved this to the front page from the comments section)

A message from Jasen:

Hey Man. I can't believe we were just in Vegas making plans to get together in Tucson with Supe and now I'm having to send my condolences and share my grief. I still can't believe that this has actually happened. Mario was so full of life that you almost thought that he was invincible. If you're ever in town and want to get together don't hesitate to call.

This is my final farewell to an individual who I truly considered a close friend. There are many words I could use to try to describe Mario. All of which, he would be happy to own. I knew Mario as a co-worker, a workout partner, as a roommate, and as the guy I had to drive around on the weekends because he refused to take his motorcycle out to the bars. But most importantly, as a loyal friend who continued to share his world with me even after he moved to California. Mario lived his life the way he wanted to live it regardless of what others may have thought. And believe it or not, it actually worked out for him. He didn't fall for society's trick of making you think that you needed to achieve certain things in life in order to become "successful". He did what he wanted and achieved what most of us can't: Happiness. Mario didn't spend a day of his life stuck in a position that he wasn't happy with. He was a free spirit in its most literal sense, and I often times found myself admiring the life that he made for himself. Although he was taken at an early age, he spent more time completely content then most of us will our entire lives. As sad as his death is for me and so many others, those who knew him know that he didn't have any regrets when he passed from this life to the next. Take care, "Supe". I know whereever you're at; you're tearing it up the way only you knew how…

- Jasen

1 comment:

patfrassetto said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.