Monday, July 28, 2008

Adopt-A-Highway

Ok, I've got good news and I've got kinda bad news. Which would you like first? Everyone always wants the good news first for some reason.

The good news is that we're on the waiting list for the PCH Route 1 Southbound, where Mario passed away.

Awesome man, awesome.

The bad news is that we're on the waiting list. I'm not sure how many deep we are but I spoke with the coordinator and she is going to have a look and get back to me. After reading their literature I had no definitive answer on what we were able to do in the area. According to the people in charge, for the PCH there is only one option to Adopt-A-Highway and that is for litter removal only. Jeff and I were kind of hoping they'd allow graffiti cleanup as well so we could rent orange jumpsuits and chain ourselves together with buckets of paint thinner and scrubber brushes dangling from our batbelts. (Then again, there is no graffiti in the area to clean up so the job would be pretty quick.)

Overall the best news I can give is that so long as there is a breath left in my body, I will live to see this:



Pretty snazzy if I do say so myself. "In Memory of Mario Frassetto." How fitting.

2 comments:

autumn said...

I think you guys should still dress in orange jumpsuits and chain yourselves together.
Because Mario would like that. You'd never hear the end of it.

Justin said...

I'm game, what about you Chauce?