Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Mario Frassetto 8/31/74 - 6/29/08

Hello everyone,

This is Justin Collins - some of you may know me as one of Mario's friends in Arizona. I've decided to get a blog started for Mario Frassetto. Something small but in his memory. Most of us learned about this tragic loss a week after it happened, and as such many if not most of us were unable to send our condolences to his family and make arrangements to attend his funeral.

I'm slowly trying to understand what actually transpired as it sounds like I was one of the last people to be in contact with Mario the night of his death. It is hard to think that he is no longer with us so bear with me as this will be a work in progress. There are a lot of blanks to attempt to fill in.

Mario Frassetto
died on June 29th, 2008, while riding his motorcycle home. He was on the PCH headed southbound near Newport Beach, California, when something caused him to swerve and hit the guard rail. Hopefully further details will be available to us in the coming weeks. For now, each of the orange highlighted links is an article I found online.

In the meantime, I encourage anyone to send me an email at justinsalive@gmail.com so that I can post your stories and/or photos about your everyday life or adventures with Mario Frassetto. Nothing is too big or too small for me to post here. I hope that people will respond so that way we can always come back to this blog to see our friend.

I have a plethora of stories and pictures myself, and when I arrive back from Southern California next week I will begin the process of adding to his page.

His former roommate from Arizona, Jeff, and myself are headed to Southern California to sort some things out this coming weekend. You have my email and I have an iPhone so feel free to contact me at any time, I will return messages as promptly as possible.

If you would like to comment on his page you're welcome to do so right now. If you would like me to start a new post please let me know and I'll work with you on that.

We'll always miss you Mario.

- Justin

In memory of Mario Frassetto.

1 comment:

This is me... said...

Hey Man. I can't believe we were just in Vegas making plans to get together in Tucson with Supe and now I'm having to send my condolences and share my grief. I still can't believe that this has actually happened. Mario was so full of life that you almost thought that he was invincible. If you're ever in town and want to get together don't hesitate to call.



This is my final farewell to an individual who I truly considered a close friend. There are many words I could use to try to describe Mario. All of which, he would be happy to own. I knew Mario as a co-worker, a workout partner, as a roommate, and as the guy I had to drive around on the weekends because he refused to take his motorcycle out to the bars. But most importantly, as a loyal friend who continued to share his world with me even after he moved to California. Mario lived his life the way he wanted to live it regardless of what others may have thought. And believe it or not, it actually worked out for him. He didn't fall for society's trick of making you think that you needed to achieve certain things in life in order to become "successful". He did what he wanted and achieved what most of us can't: Happiness. Mario didn't spend a day of his life stuck in a position that he wasn't happy with. He was a free spirit in its most literal sense, and I often times found myself admiring the life that he made for himself. Although he was taken at an early age, he spent more time completely content then most of us will our entire lives. As sad as his death is for me and so many others, those who knew him know that he didn't have any regrets when he passed from this life to the next. Take care, "Supe". I know whereever you're at; you're tearing it up the way only you knew how…