Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow...

The finishing touches are being applied to the Phoenix NIN story, courtesy of Jeff. I just need to put it together and get it up tomorrow. There will probably be multiple font colors to distinguish Jeff from Mario, and myself. I'll be sure to attach a key right in the beginning before you start reading.

Looking at the list of things I want to share, still, it seems like I haven't even put a dent in it. A much more endearing post in regards to my relationship with Mario is on it's way. I call it, "The Tilted Earth." I've had to battle a few sobbing headaches and heartaches to get it finished. Hopefully it will help redeem anything I've shared in a negative connotation. There is a time when some things are better left unsaid, however, I think it's fair to warn everyone that if you cried at Autumn's post, you'll want to bring some kleenex along for mine. Even I can hardly look at it without trembling a bit. I plan to unveil it by Thursday, but if not, by Friday/Saturday. Whatever day it doesn't make it up, keep your eyes peeled for MarioTV Episode 7 to fill the gap.

I wanted to thank Jeff, Autumn, and Warren for their contributions here, as everyone has graciously thanked me as well. I think I speak for all of us when I say that Super would be grateful.

- Justin

3 comments:

cris said...

Justin,

I came upon your blog when i googled "adopt a hwy PCH". At first, i was just reading for the info on how to go about adopting a hwy and your struggles with being on the waiting list. But i read more....and more, until i finished all of you and your friends posts in one sitting.

You see, i am looking to adopt a section of PCH where my brother's life began it's end, on June 29th 2007. My big bro died under different circumstances than your dear friend, and due to legal restraints i cant divulge more publicly right now other to say that he was killed by the Police of Newport Beach.

But, i guess i just wanted to say that i am touched by your tribute. ( via this blog)It makes me wonder if i could do something like this,....if i am even ready to. Right now my only external tribute has been his ashes i had tattooed into me, in the form of his nickname and date of death.
"BISSO62907"
People often ask first if my tattoo has something to do with a connection to concentration camps because it is in plain black on the inside of my right arm. ( even though concentration camp numbers were more visible in reality.....)Regardless, i realize that for me, my tattoo isnt there for art....it IS there as a brand in many ways. A mark of the branding that i went through and continue to go through in dealing with his death. It is for me to look down and remember him, and feel him .....my simple human way of trying to keep him with me.

I hope to one day be able to make a more public tribute to him, cause man he fucking rocked! I miss him, i no longer have a big brother. I have much to say i guess, but dont know how or where to say it.

Anyway, i am sorry you all lost your friend....i know how crazy it is to suddenly have someone...not there. I am still not "used" to it.

I look forward to reading more about Mario.....and from what i have read so far i would not be surprised if my brother and Mario were friends during their lives.

Much love and support,
Cris

Justin said...

Cris,

Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing your story with us. I'm sorry to hear about your brother and hope that your situation it is resolved eventually. Until just now I had forgotten that by linking every little thing in Mario's blog, eventually stuff would filter out through Google and find it's way to more sources. That was one of the points of starting it, and being able to share Mario's life and stories with anyone who stopped off to read them as well. Best wishes and good luck with your wait on the Adopt-a-Highway setup!

Justin

autumn said...

Wow.
Thank you, Cris, for coming by and for sharing your story with us.
It's really powerful to know that Mario is still touching strangers through this blog.
Best of luck to you in all you do.