Friday, August 22, 2008

MarioTV : Episode 7 : Black Light Burns

Black Light Burns had a few really good songs on their debut album, "Cruel Melody." These days, rock bands that can put an album out where 40-50% of the songs really hit you is kind of a rare treat. Too much "basura", as Super would say. I'll let Jeff fill you all in on why and where "basura" entered the lingo we all used; I do know that the last time Mario laughed really hard with me, it was about the time he recalled the story of when "basura" entered the equation. (Basura = Trash/Garbage in Spanish)

I remember when Mario told me to check out this video on YouTube, as if I was going to see something I hadn't seen yet. Oh yeah dude, the video is money.

Cue the video...


Black Light Burns : Lie




In memory of our friend, Mario Frassetto, who proactively promoted good music and good music only.

5 comments:

autumn said...

I always thought "basura" was the Italian word for garbage for obvious reasons.
Hmpf - another illusion shattered I suppose ;-)

Justin said...

Umm, no, sorry to debunk your "garbage" theory there Autumn!

;)

Chaucer said...

i love that fucking video

Chaucer said...

I thought that 'basura' was also Italian...all the way up to a week before Super left for Cali- evil bitch had one of her hired illegals come over to pack Super's shit, against his wishes of course, and I heard Super using it to communicate...funny that almost every sentence had 'basura' in it.

Justin said...

Chaucer, you're new nickname should be Lebowski. Jeffrey Lebowski.

"I've only got one question for you dude."

"Oh yeah, what's that?"

"Do you have to use so many cuss words all the time?"

"What the fuck you talkin' about man?"