Sunday, August 31, 2008

Happy Birthday, Dear Marioooo....

I woke up this morning thinking of Mario, knowing that if he were here, he would have barely slept last night because he'd be so excited about his birthday.

We dated for almost 2 years before I figured out his real age, though I continued to amuse him by referring to him as "29. Again". (I guess the combination of his elusiveness and my gullibility and poor math skills contributed to that....)

In my fridge, I still have half a jar of a batch of limoncello (aka that hooch) that Mario made. I haven't been drinking it, but today I'll have some for Mario's birthday.

Cheers. Happy 29th.

XO

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nice letters about Mario's birthday. This weekend was very hard for us! If everyone could deliver a child the way Mario was delivered, they would have lots of children. He seemed to push on my right rib and basically the doctor caught him. He was a skinny, pale kid, NOT like a dark chubby Italian. He came fast into this world and he exicited just as fast.
We went out for Pizza (one of Mario favorite places in the Valley). We gave the wait staff a good tip....something we learned from Mario. We went through a box that we received from CA today, I could still smell him. That was tough.
He is having the time of his life with all the FRASSETTO's that have passed before him. Uncle Jack, Uncle Toby and Aunt Patty especially.
Thanks Autumn for the pictures last week.....they were GREAT!!!

Thank God he had time with you!!
Love from his parents,
Tony and Sandi