Friday, August 8, 2008

MarioTV : Episode 5 : The Professional

It's 08/08/08 today. Funny just typing it.

I remember very clearly the first time Mario figured out that everything that came out of my mouth was unoriginal. Movie quotes just seem to flow from within. From then on he'd throw things at me just to make sure I'd catch them. He'd always get this little smirk on his face when he'd quote a movie and I'd pick it up and run with it. There was a lot of appreciation there, because he'd remind me that nobody else would get it and that he was glad I was there to.....amuse him.

Mario really loved hitman and sniper type movies. Movies where one man seemed like he could take down an army. Movies like "Hitman," "Shooter," "Bourne Identity/Supremacy/Ultimatum", and "Liberty Stands Still." He especially liked "The Professional." (Non-English countries knew it as "Léon.") One scene in particular we used to always kid around about was from that movie. In it, Jean Reno plays a quiet hitman who befriends Natalie Portman, takes her in after her family is murdered, and teaches her how to "clean." The absolute best part of the movie is when Gary Oldman's character tells his man to bring everyone.

Super would say bring me everyone. I'd reply, "what do you mean everyone?" And he'd let out a big, EVERRRRYYYYYYOOOONNNNE!!!!!!

1 comment:

Chaucer said...

man, i can't stop watching the part, laughing at how Gary Oldman gives the line and remembering how Super gave the line, in almost the exact fashion.