Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A little something to brighten your day...

I sent Mario this video clip about something we should start doing in our spare time about year or two back. It's called the "Balls of Steel Rodeo." :)

It's simple. We would be the "riders" of complete strangers. If you're out and about, walking down the sidewalk or in a parking lot or something, and someone jumps on your back like a piggy back ride, (not to knock you down or cause injury), your normal response is to grab them and hold them up for a second because you yourself don't want to fall over too! Well, this guy from the UK started doing it to people out on the streets while secretly filming them to see how long he could stay on their backs. Like ridin' a bull. Yee-haw! Hence, Balls of Steel Rodeo! After you jump on, you hang on, and when you come off, you make a run for it to avoid getting maced, beaten, whatever. We never had the chance to properly test it out, but Mario agreed that I should be the primary jumper/rider because I weigh a bit less, I can run fast, and he'd have my back in the event something went horribly wrong. I have to keep myself from laughing just thinking about it.

Back in April sometime, Mario, Jeff, myself, and another friend were at a bar called The Library in Tempe, down on Mill Avenue. About 15-minutes before closing time Mario jumped on my back, and like I just said, I grabbed on to hold him up. Upon impact I didn't know it was him until I heard him yelling in my ear a split second later. The only problem was that he got a running start first, and weighed about 40-50 pounds more than me, so we *almost* took a little tumble. I took a good 4 or 5 steps with him on my back before regaining my momentum. Finally, a reason to thank my low center of gravity! I let Mario "ride me" for a few seconds before bucking him off and having a laugh about it. A few minutes later, he pulled the back of his jeans down and mooned about a dozen people. True story. It was hilarious!

Check out the video of what I originally sent him from YouTube, turn on the volume!

Sorry, vid no longer available on YouTube, working on finding it again.



In memory of Mario Frassetto, who was the original rhinestone cowboy. Like John McClane would say, "Yippy-Kay-Yay-Motherf....."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! that was so funny! I cant stop laughing. :)

-Michele