Wednesday, November 19, 2008

So much stuff I can't hear straight!

Yesterday, Mudvayne's new album, "The New Game" came out. I conferred with my colleague, we'll call him Jeffy Chaucer, and low and behold......he got the big shaft-o again. You see, Jeff pre-ordered the album and it was delivered when he wasn't home, so it's on lockdown at the Post Office. And then there's me, who walks into Zia, hangs a quick left, a quick right, back out the door, and I've got it blaring in my car about 2 minutes later. (I say 2 minutes because the damn packaging on these albums is getting more and more elaborate).

Listening to the new album brings back fond memories of Mr. Mario. There are a lot of good tunes in here. There is definitely a different vibe to this album than everything else they've done. It shows that they've grown, without losing that metal-crazy-f*ck-it-all edge. If I can squeeze their upcoming Tempe Marquee show into my schedule I'm gonna rock out for 2.

I'm sure Mario would be pleased with the results on "The New Game." I'd be expecting an email or a text message or a call or d.) all of the above from him in the last 24-hours. He'd already have track numbers listed in his head, Yeah JC, I like 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 11 or something along those lines. Instead of saying he liked everything except 8 and 10, he'd go the long way. Something about listing them all out like that would appeal to his nature, as if to validate his true fanhood to a group he loved.

I'm looking at the archive here and we are seriously slacking in the month of November. I know that both myself and Jeffy Chaucer are busy with school, so much so that we're pretty miserable. But, I also know that Super is never far from thought. If I had more time to compose these messages, I would, but for now I have to take a break. Once I free up that time I expect to flood this thing like Noah, with all sorts of yummy deliciousness. Just a few more weeks until the gates come down *holding my breath!*

Also, looking forward to January 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. Jeff and I are scheduled to get our Mario tattoos, and on the 3rd and 4th a gaggle of us are headed to California to spread Mario's ashes in the Pacific.

As always, I'll be back soon...

...stand on me.

JC

No comments: