Tuesday, October 28, 2008

MarioTV : Episode 28 : The Hulk

This may be the only episode of MarioTV I present where there isn't something to watch. Keep reading, I'll letcha know why.

I'll never forget going to the theater with Mario to see Eric Bana portray "The Hulk."

Worst. Movie. Ever.

Not even Jennifer Connelly could save this one. About 40-45 minutes in to the movie we both turned and looked at one another with complete perplexity.

I mouthed the words "what the fuck?" First Mario had a really confused look on his face, then he immediately stifled his laughter and said, yeah JC, I was thinking the same thing. Where's the Hulk at? "Yeah," I said, "it's just a bunch of people standing around talking. There should be less talk and more Hulk."

At that point we couldn't keep in the laughter anymore, during one of the boring parts of the movie (is that possible, really? - absolute silence except the terrible atrocity playing on the screen), like a couple of 4th graders who were hopped up on Ring-Dings and soda.....we broke out with a few laughs. I should have known going in that it was going to suck because any casting director who has put Nick Nolte in a film since "Another 48 Hrs" needs to be choked out with a garden hose.

We somehow managed to stomach the rest of the film; however, to this day I've not once hesitated to answer the question of the worst movie ever made. "The Hulk" I'll quip. Now, don't be confused with 2008's "The Incredible Hulk" featuring Edward Norton - that movie was worth it. Good thing too, because I only went to see if it would tank worse than the first one. Oh, and that Liv Tyler person too...:)

-JC

No comments: