Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Lucid Dream

After two years and a day, it is still difficult for me to believe that my best friend is gone. The notion that it's true is still so surreal for me. It's like awaking in a fog of drunken and drugged consciousness where I am not sure if I am in the middle of a dream or if I am awake and it's real life. I guess the event that has shaped my past two years so much is just that, not real in my mind, and any minute I'll gain back my cognitive abilities and realize that it was all just a very bad dream. I wish that was so. Miss you man.

Later,

-Chaucer

2 comments:

Justin said...

This might be the most eloquent thing that has ever come outta your head, Jeff.

Nicely done!

autumn said...

Jeff, that choked me up.
I wish it was just a dream, too. I wish that when I saw that guy with the curls poking out from under his hat, it really would have been Mario.